Annual Luncheon Celebrates Seeds of Kindness
Posted on 04/24/2015
Pictured above are Tammi Crum from the Helios Foundation and LeAnn and Trey Basha.
This year’s Board, Donor & Volunteer Luncheon welcomed the dedicated supporters of A New Leaf for a special afternoon of recognition and celebration. The event was held at the East Valley Institute of Technology’s Culinary Arts Program and celebrated “Seeds of Kindness” – the volunteer service and financial and in-kind contributions made by A New Leaf’s dedicated supporters.
Mike Hutchinson, Board Chair, Michael Hughes, CEO, and Torrie Taj, Deputy CEO, hosted the event and spoke of the precious commitment of our partners to serve those in need, and expressed their appreciation for the generosity of A New Leaf’s supporters, donors and volunteers.
Delicious food, a special video, and the presentation of new officers of the Board was enjoyed by the group of 200 plus attendees. Newly elected officers of the Board include:
• Deanna Villanueva-Saucedo, Chair
• Brad Snyder, Vice Chair
• Mayfann Millies, Secretary
• Todd Skinner, Treasurer
Additionally, we were honored to present our outstanding donors and volunteers. Our honorees are:
• Vernell Junior, Volunteer of the Year
• The Golden Girls, Volunteer Group of the Year
• Mark Farley and Faith Through Works Fellowship, New Volunteer Group
• Mike Hutchinson, Board Donor of the Year
• Helios Education Foundation, Foundation Donor of the Year
• Bashas’, Corporate Donor of the Year
• John Whiteman and Jeff Whiteman, Donor of the Year
Words cannot begin to say how much we appreciate our agency's generous volunteers and donors. We salute you, and look forward to working with you in months to come!