helping children and parents recover from domestic violence
A New Leaf’s DVHEART (Domestic Violence Healing, Engaging, and Resiliency Training) uses a trauma informed approach to assist children and parents exposed to domestic violence, helping them to heal and improve their lives.
DVHEART provides parenting and healing art workshops that teach positive parenting skills, strengthen the bond between parents and children exposed to domestic violence, and increase resiliency in children as a protective factor against the trauma they have experienced.
DVHEART focuses on meeting the needs of children and their non-abusing parent through survivor centered approaches, including:
- Helping survivors heal from their trauma
- Increase parent confidence in advocating for self, and seeking supports
- Improve parent and child wellbeing, parent-child relationships, family functioning, and parenting confidence and competence
- Improve safety, discussing something never shared before and constructive ways of managing feelings
- Improve positivity about self and future, and positive impact on relationships
- Increase referrals from public as result of education/awareness and work with community providers to gain knowledge of domestic violence.
DV HEART provides a Positive Parenting Program (Triple P), evidence-based comprehensive parenting curriculum. Staff trained within A New Leaf to deliver Level 4 Group Triple P and Level 5 Pathways. DV HEART also provides A Window Between Worlds (AWBW), healing art workshops deliver by trained staff, for parents and children.
Both Triple-P and A Window Between Worlds are offered in English and Spanish. Services can be provided both in person and virtually; as well as in a group setting or individually.
22 beds for
120 days of
helped last year
download the fact sheet for this program
explore all of A New Leaf’s services
services for deaf and hard-of-hearing people