Therapeutic Foster Care
Compassionate Care and Support
Formerly knows as HCTC Foster Care, the Therapeutic Foster Care Program provides short term care and support to children that endure behavioral health struggles.
Therapeutic foster parents will be placed with a child who has been approved for a higher level of support and care. These foster parents have a professional background in working with children who have experienced trauma or behavioral struggles. Therapeutic foster homes are meant to provide a safe and stable environment to the children in the home. The goal is to help these children move back to a lower level of care with a long term placement.
A New Leaf licenses foster parents in Maricopa and Pinal county.
Helping Foster Families
When the training and licensing processes are complete, A New Leaf’s staff closely facilitates transitioning the right child into the right home and provides ongoing monitoring and support to Therapeutic Foster Care Providers.
Additional services include:
Advocacy for Children Placed
On Call Staff Offering 24/7 Support
State Compliance Guidance
Free initial and ongoing training
Foster Parent Requirements
Potential foster care parents and/or Respite Providers must meet the following requirements:
- 21 years of age
- Level 1 Fingerprint card, (can be completed at time of licensing)
- Must pass criminal background checks and provide references
- Attend all required trainings, classes, Therapeutic Intervention & Medical classes
- Pass a home inspection and proof of income requirement
- Submit physician’s statements on physical & emotional ability to care for child/adolescent
- HCTC requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher, or at least 2 year of experience as a foster parent