find meaningful work
A New Leaf is a certified Service Enterprise organization, welcoming the presence of community partners in its efforts to deliver on its mission of Helping Families, Changing Lives. As integral members of our team, volunteers experience meaningful work while contributing to enhanced services, renewed energy, and increased community awareness through:
- Providing unique skills
- Delivering comprehensive services
- Complementing the work of paid staff
- Championing the challenged and increase support
- Sustaining the passion for our mission
Volunteering During COVID-19
The volunteer program is limited during COVID-19. Please continue to submit applications, however, know that they will only be processed for critical need areas where we can operate safely. We will be revisiting this policy periodically. Click here to learn more about our COVID-19 response.
Current volunteers who are working at A New Leaf programs will continue to operate under program guidelines.
find the best opportunity for you
COMMUNITY PARTNERS & SPECIAL PROJECTS
If you are an employee of a business, a member of a church, or member of a community association, your group can volunteer time to support projects at A New Leaf.
- Purchase, prepare, and serve a meal
- Complete Indoor or outdoor maintenance
- Plan holiday or special events
- Coordinate in-kind donation drives
Interns can engage in opportunities for academic credit, service learning, program study, capstone projects, and gaining valuable experience. All types of skills are needed, so don’t hesitate to reach out and see what opportunities are available.
service enterprise initiative
A New Leaf is a Service Enterprise certified organization through the Arizona Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family and Points of Light. We are positioned to engage volunteers in a meaningful way, using their time and talents to the best of their ability to realize a higher programmatic impact. Our volunteers are integral to expanding program operations to achieve our mission.
Mesa Community College Community Partner
This badge is awarded to approved community partners of Mesa Community College that work with the Center for Community & Civic Engagement to place service-learning students and/or support our civic engagement work.
This badge is awarded to MCC approved community partners that:
1. Are an official partner listed in our Agency database and have required documentation on file.
2. Meet one of the following criteria: Have a student successfully complete a service-learning contract at their organization, participate in the VolunteerFest, and/or serve on the Community Engagement Advisory Board.