other ways to give

make a greater impact


give from your ira or stock

A New Leaf offers multiple ways for you to directly help people in need. These tax-smart methods allow you maximize your efforts in a convenient way. If you have any questions, please call (602) 320-1185.



Housing White

give from your ira

Making a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) to A New Leaf directly from your Individual Retirement Account is a convenient and tax-smart way to give. If you are age 70½ or older, you may transfer up to $100,000 annually directly from your IRA to charity. If you are age 72 or older, this transfer can also satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD). By not realizing the taxable income, you avoid paying taxes on the distribution.

information for your ira administrator

Legal Name: A New Leaf, Inc.
Federal Tax ID: 86-0256667
Address: 868 E University Drive, Mesa AZ 85203
For the benefit of A New Leaf.

Housing White

gift of stock

A stock gift to A New Leaf allows you to make a greater impact while receiving important tax benefits. By giving appreciated stock, you can avoid capital gains tax and claim a deduction equal to the fair market value of the gift at the time of transfer.

It is easy to give publicly traded shares to A New Leaf by having your broker transfer the shares electronically to our brokerage account. The date of your gift will be the date the stock is received in A New Leaf’s account.

NOTE: When you transfer stock to A New leaf, your name does not accompany the shares.

information for your broker

Account Name: A New Leaf, Inc.
Federal Tax ID: 86-0256667
Account Number: 7291-1688
DTC Number: 0164
Brokerage: Charles Schwab
Phone: 800-435-4000

Please notify us before transferring the shares, and include the following details, so we can thank you for your gift and record it properly:

  1. Your name and phone number
  2. Number and type of shares
  3. Name of brokerage
  4. Estimated date of transfer

The content found on this site is intended for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice. To determine how a gift or estate planning decision might affect your particular circumstances, it is expressly recommended that you consult an attorney, financial advisor or other qualified professional.

we can help

Brad Harris

Senior Director of Estate and Gift Planning
(602) 320-1185